A Daily Mode of Operation is a must for anyone who is serious about building a home based business In this post I’d be telling you not just what a Daily Mode of Operation means, what it entails, but also how to go about setting up one that would work excellently for you.
The truth is that things can really get very overwhelming on the web. I mean you get to your laptop to do some work and you see a very lovely link (it usually starts from facebook), you click on it and on and on you go on to another link till you see that you have not accomplished a lot of the things you set out to do online.
What is even more pathetic is that we claim there is not much time to do all of the things we want to do, yet the time we have is spent at unproductive activities which eventually make a lot of people feel guilty.
So I ask you what do you do when you first wake up Check your Emails on your phone or your recent news on Facebook? if your like me you check your Emails, Why? you ask cause at time people like myself are up at 4am online looking for different services the best so what do you do. Reply comments on facebook or an Email. You got it Email Why? cause if you start facebooking you will never get to that important email. The only time you should look at facebook is when you Promote or post a really important Status, For Example if your having a Workshop or you are part of a group or a Like page. I leave you with this click on the Pdf link print & fill it in how ever your mode of Operation is and if your not getting all your work done then take a step back and find out why you are not able to complete your work
Why You Need A Daily Mode of Operation
Without a Daily Mode of Operation, you WILL end up making a mess of your business efforts.
I was having a conversation with my friend who is seemingly frustrated online. He asked me if common people really make money from a home-based business or it's only the gurus that keep milking the poor guys.
He told me of how he had bought so many books and CD's and how he had read, listen and watch a truckloads of them.
I told her don't quit, I said matter of fact where did that get you He said nowhere I told him look at the where your'e at right now and tell yourself I am a director making $3,000 and just get to work start talking to everyone. NOW i have to tell you he talks to everyone every chance he get you can't shut him up. 6 months later i messaged him asked him how he was doing he said i am where you told me to be I said where are you she said Bronze making 3,000 a month I passed what i was suppose to be at. I said how did you do it, He said I went to work got into a Routine
If you have a lot of products that you have not used, you do not need a soothsayer to tell you that you are buying too much and that you should just stop buying and start using what you have.
For instance, what’s the purpose of a doctor buying medical instruments that he doesn’t use? That wouldn’t make sense to him, and it shouldn’t to you too.
Something I see lacking in many people just starting in the Home-based business circles is the lack of determination to get started and maintain a Daily Mode of Operation, where every one of their activities is hinged.
For instance, I know that I cannot be online for 24hrs. It’s not even recommended health-wise. I have a series of activities that I have jotted down somewhere in my pad (Yes, I still love the old-school pen and paper). They are activities I engage in on a daily basis. I do them every day. I train myself to stay consistent in doing them. Is it easy to stay consistent with them? No. But like I tell some of my friends, I’d rather do this now that I can and reap the rewards thereafter than leave my business to chance.
Then if while in the course of the day, I come across something I need to implement online, I make sure I pen it down and add it to my list for that particular day.
I know people who use Google calendar, and it works very well. You might want to try it out.
Key Points to Help Kickstart Your Daily Mode of Operation
1) The first thing is actually making out time to have a Daily Mode of Operation and commit to having one in the first place. How you will do this depends on how important your business is to you and what it is you are looking to achieve in your business.
2) Like Jim Rohn said, work more on yourself than on your business. That means you should constantly commit to personal development and continual appraisal of why you are doing what you are doing. For me, it has to do with watching my Mind movie at the start of the day and reading or continue reading a personal development book. I am currently reading ‘The Secret of the Millionaire Mind’ by Harv Eker. Lovely book!
3) If you are in Network Marketing like I am, you must get in touch with people as regards your business. Talk to people about your business using the principles of attraction marketing on facebook,skype ,etc. Or call your optin leads and build a relationship with them. What to say to them I wrote about in this post:
4) Produce at least one content daily, be it Facebook Note, Blog Post, Press Release, Article, Hubpage, Video, Slide Share, starting a forum thread in a place like BetterNetworker etc
5) A good advice will be for you to plan ahead the day before so you can give your brain work to do in the course of your sleep.
6) Don’t beat yourself up if you fail to keep up with your daily mode of operation. Learn to be flexible. What is not so great is you going an entire week without sticking to your schedule. Occasional lapses here and there is not the end of the world. For instance I have had days when there just was no internet access, days when my laptop suddenly malfunctioned. What do you do when something like that happens? So don’t beat yourself up. Okay?
7) Continually review your Daily Mode of Operation and make necessary adjustments to suit your circumstances and objectives. Remember you are not in competition with any one. Your goal should be to stick to your Daily Mode of Operation as consistently as possible.
Did you notice I did not advice you to go around tweeting a ton of tweets, or mention checking your email, or hanging out on facebook all day and commenting on all status updates you see on your home page? Spend your time on income-producing activities and I tell you result is a great motivator.
It’s your turn now. If you have a daily mode of operation, leave me a comment below and let me know how that is going for you. If you don’t have one, I would love to hear from you — leave me a comment below with any questions or thoughts.
If you love this post, kindly SHARE it on facebook, and TWEET it. Thanks! Be sure to download the DMO
I am young man who owns a business and would like to help you grow yours